Sunday, March 22nd, 2009, 1550 days ago
After finished basic shapes recognition using openCV, we would step new progress — hand recognition. I saw some researchers said computer vision as key part of artificial intellegence due to its hardness. That probably is right, because when i started the hand detection ( before recognition ), i was blocked by the algrithms to accuratly detect the hand shape. Nothing simple algrithm will be applied directly here due to the variation of hand gestures.
When i googled how to detect hand gestures, i found HandVu .
HandVu is a library of hand gesture recognition based on c++/c and openCV. According to the demoes published in web, this library looks powerful, although still is getting mature. When i tried to download the source files, i found the version hasnt been updated for years until 2006 and the downloaded binary didnt work right with alerts of *.dll files getting lost , that was probably caused by the openCV version.
Whatever, at least the HandVu library offered guidline of hand recognition.
POSTS MAY BE OF INTEREST
- Doing openCV in pandaboard 3 – s...
- Doing openCV in Pandaboard
- Hand gesture recognition for HCI
- Hand detection and image recognition
- Coming soon: A review of openCV detect...
- Pattern recognition and applications
- Object tracking using AS3
- Interactive table
- Touchable holography
- About the codes sharing
- Usability of comsumer electronic produ...
- Rules of memory management of openCV